27 May 2010

Fruits of Tuscany

In a few days, I will be moving.  I'm a little sad about relocating since I feel like I am starting to plant roots ("radice") in my 'hood. Well, I'm not going far, only a couple blocks away, though it's a temporary transition.  My neighbors all say hello, and we make small talk.  I have developed a habit of drinking my morning American coffee on the stoop across the street from me (part of my morning ritual before Mabel and I venture out and have the real thing, un cappuccino.  Sometimes, when I'm working and in need of a break, I descend the sixty steps from my apartment and return to the stoop outside.

Having just completed a work transcript, I took such a break, and was greeted by my neighbor who gave me a few handfuls of these beautiful cherries ("ciliegie") locally grown right hear in Toscana.

Little gifts and acts of kindness make the world a nicer place to be.  Like the rippling effect of a pebble tossed in the water, by one small act locally, we each can make a difference globally.  

--Josslyn "Giosalina"
Florence, Italy

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling the need for some more pics of you & sweet Mabel!

    ReplyDelete