18 December 2010

The Day After

Ponte Vecchio
Not a cloud in the sky today, the sunshine is bright and brilliant, reflecting yesterday's 11 inches of snowfall. The forecast calls for a chance of more snow tomorrow evening.
Ponte alle Grazie
Mabel and I learned the hard way that she is not crazy about the snow under her little paws. She will wear her little, pink booties on her feet the next time we return to a snowy outdoors.
Santa Clauses on Ponte Vecchio
Before my eleventh birthday, which was a very long time ago, my birthday wish was to have a white Christmas.  Figuring snow to be a frequent visitor to Detroit, Michigan, I flew to visit relatives.  That winter, though, was unusually warm -- no snow on Christmas -- so I renegotiated my wish. A few days later, my cousin woke me early in the morning to tell me it was snowing.  Finally!  We rushed outdoors, still in our pajamas, to play in the snow, have snowball fights, and make snowmen and snow angels.  My wish came true on my birthday. 
Scales of Justice
I can't share with you this year's wish, but I hope it too comes true.  
"Ti Amo"
I am old and wise enough to know that while you can't always get what you want when you want it, if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.  Sometimes it is the day after and what we need is also what we truly want.
Florence street

No comments:

Post a Comment